Friday 29 March 2013

Have America learnt nothing from the Sandy Hook Shootings?

I’m sure all of you know about the tragic massacre that took place at Sandy Hook Elementary school in America that took place last year. After this happened I wrote an article about a conference that was held by the Nation Rifle Association in which they encouraged American people having guns in their possession to defend themselves. I disagreed with this because over here in the UK guns are illegal and we all survive without them.

Well it seems that Shaun McClusky has learnt nothing from the Sandy Hook massacre because he is actually giving away free shotguns to residents in his district because he wants them to be able to defend themselves! I manage to defend myself when push comes to shove and I’ve never had to use a gun or any form of weapon for that matter and I am 14 years old so I don’t see why grown adults need to use deadly force to do the same. They are more than likely a lot fitter and muscular than me so shouldn’t need a weapon especially not a gun!

I partly blame president Obama for Shaun being able to give away free shotguns because Obama should have banned all uses of guns other than law enforcement immediately after the shooting because it should have been a wake up call for the whole of the American government! He should have realised that it was down to the government that this shooting was able to take place with such ease in the first place because there were no gun restriction laws in place the shooter was able to walk into a gun shop and buy a military standard gun!

If McClusky goes ahead with the free shotgun giveaway all hell will break lose and there will be more gun related deaths in America than ever before and McClusky and Obama will have to live with those deaths on their conscience!

No comments:

Post a Comment