Thursday 28 March 2013

My thoughts on the upcoming tube strikes

Yet again, Tube workers are having another melt down and are proposing to strike on the 2nd April and 2nd May 2013. The reasoning behind the strikes is apparently because the workers mess hall is messy and tube bosses haven’t done anything about it. That is the stupidest reason for a strike I have ever heard in my life! Surely, the workers should take responsibility for their own mess hall and ensure that it is cleaned up after each time that they use it. Another reason for the strikes is several allegations of bullying have been made against tube bosses and yet again no one has done anything about it.

Well, I highly doubt that these allegations of bullying are as severe as they have been made out to be. I think that some tube employee’s have made stupid mistakes and have been given a stern talking to that they couldn’t handle and take on the chin. Bob Crow also said that the bosses had a go at workers in front of the entire mess hall and deliberately humiliated them whilst doing so.

All of these reasons are not good enough for a strike in my opinion and I think that Bob Crow and the rest of the workers and unions are making a big song and dance out of all of this just so they can have a day off! what they have clearly failed to realise during the proposal of these strikes is that many commuters and tourists are going to have to re-arrange their travel arrangements which could possibly make them late for work or any other important appointments that they have!

I have always said that workers are very selfish and if any of you have heard of the song London Underground then I think that all of us would agree that the song is a very good interpretation of the way that many London commuters feel about the tube service at the moment! It’s a good job I don’t have to go into London for my gig on 2nd otherwise there would be serious trouble for the striking workers because I would have such a big rant at them that they would NEVER want to strike again!

No comments:

Post a Comment