Friday 12 April 2013

My thoughts on the passing of Baroness Margret Thatcher

I’m sure everyone will agree with me on the fact that this topic has sparked up a lot of controversy all over the news. Margret Thatcher was known worldwide for the changes she made to British politics, not all of them were good changes but they were changes none the less.

One of the things that Thatcher is known for is covering up evidence relating to the Hillsborough disaster. I am a Liverpool FC fan so the fact that Thatcher covered up some evidence relating to the tragic event that day does make me sick to my stomach but I am not glad she is dead and certainly don’t agree with some people holding parties to celebrate her death and playing ding dong the witch is dead!

My condolences go out to Thatcher’s  family and I hope that Margret can be laid to rest peacefully with no interruptions from bitter Liverpool fans. It really does sicken me to my stomach to know that members of the public think its funny and OK to have parties to celebrate Thatcher’s death! She may have made some controversial decisions during her time as Prime Minister but she doesn’t deserve to have her death celebrated by members of the public! It makes me ashamed to be a Liverpool fan when I hear of these parties!

R.I.P Baroness Margret Thatcher

2 comments:

  1. A sensible and well-reasoned response to the situation Gary. It's worth noting that Baroness Thatcher brought 3 straight majorities to the Conservative Party: that means the majority of Britains voting her back in. If people want to vent, vent on the voters who continued to elect her. She was admired abroad for her tenacity and for having the strength of personality that made things happen. A mix of good and bad policies came out of her handbag but there was never any doubting she was 100% behind every one. She was formidable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry Gary, that was me, Doug over in Victoria, BC.

    ReplyDelete