Friday 24 May 2013

My thoughts on the Woolwich tragedy

First of all, I’d like to express my condolences to the victims family, their son was a very brave man for serving his country and he didn’t need to die like he did.

When I heard about the tragedy on the news on Wednesday I felt sick, the fact that two people could have the audacity to cut a serving solider into pieces in broad daylight and then turn to a camera and try to justify their actions! It is clear to me and probably to everybody else that these two men are not mentally stable because no mentally stable person would even think about cutting up another person let alone do it and then try to justify it.

Many news sites have said that they two men were of the Muslim religion and before they started to attack they cried out “In the name of Allah”, it has been confirmed that one of the men was brought up in a Christian family and was baptised as a Christian but converted to Islam a few years ago. Before you get the wrong idea, I am not about to go on a rant saying that all Muslims are terrorists because I am educated and I know that not all Muslims are bad people or extremists.

I do feel sorry for people of the Muslim religion because they are all feeling the backlash from the event. Members of the public are targeting Muslims to try and get justice for the soldier, I also want justice just like everybody else but targeting Muslims who haven’t done anything wrong by attacking mosques! Those mosques are a place of worship and should be treated with the upmost respect, how would they feel if the Muslim community decided to attack a church?

We live in a multi cultural society and there are going to be people living here of lots of different religions and ethnic backgrounds, its about time that people started acting responsible and mature. The majority of Muslims and people of other ethnic backgrounds have come here to escape the dictatorship and disgusting living conditions of their country, if we as British people treat them the same way that they were treated in their homeland then what sort of country does that make us?

However, I do feel that those two attackers and alleged terrorist should not be using our health service to get patched up. I’m not saying that we should have let them die because otherwise the police or authorities wouldn’t be able to question them. The fact that we are providing them with free health care after what they did does make me feel a tad uneasy, although they are British citizens and are entitled to the use of the NHS, they do not deserve the treatment they are receiving. Lets hope that a conviction is brought from this and the victim’s family get the justice they deserve.

Once again, my condolences go out to the family and friends of Drummer Lee Rigby and to Lee, thank you for brave,dedicated and loyal service to our country

No comments:

Post a Comment